Emergency Dentistry – Long Beach, CA
Dental Pain Relief Right When You Need It
A toothache, injury to the mouth, or other dental problem can ruin your day, but it does not have to ruin your smile. If a dental emergency happens, you can rely on our team at Listiyo Family Dental to get you seen and cared for right away.
Why Choose Listiyo Family Dental for Emergency Dentistry?
- Dental Insurance Accepted & Maximized
- Same-Day Appointments for Dental Emergencies
- Calming Sedation Dentistry Available
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
- The moment you realize that something is wrong, please contact our office. Once you’ve reached us, a member of our team will assess your situation over the phone, schedule an appointment right away (often that very same day), and provide specific advice on managing your symptoms in the meantime.
- As soon as you’ve arrived, we’ll work to get you seen by Dr. Listiyo promptly. He will then conduct an emergency dental exam to pinpoint the location, cause, and severity of the problem. If the problem isn’t immediately visible, he may take digital X-rays to check below the surface.
- After Dr. Listiyo has explained the findings of his exam and explained the problem, he can recommend your options for treatment. Before going through any procedures, our team will carefully go over your estimated costs and the timeline involved with addressing the issue.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
More often than not, dental problems will only get worse when they go untreated. That’s why you’re better off calling us, even if you’re not sure whether your issue is particularly pressing. Below are some examples of the most common dental emergencies that we see, all of which need professional care right away.
Hot & Cold
Lost Filling or Crown
Jaw Pain or Clenching
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Before we can give you a price estimate for your emergency care, we’ll need to assess the situation and determine which course of treatment would be best. From there, we can walk you through your options and outline the costs associated with each one. We’ll never begin treatment until you’re fully clear on the price involved. To make your care more affordable, our practice accepts most dental insurance plans and can even maximize your benefits on your behalf.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies are by their very nature unpredictable, so there’s no surefire way to ensure that you’re never faced with one ever again. There are, however, a few easy precautions that can go a long way toward reducing your risk, such as:
- Maintaining a daily routine of brushing twice and flossing at least once.
- Seeing Dr. Listiyo for two checkups per year.
- Avoiding bad oral habits like smoking and nail-biting.
- Wearing a mouthguard to minimize sports-related injuries.